I work from home, and even though that is a tremendous luxury, it also has its own set of challenges. Once professionals who work at home master their own schedule and get into their day, they really are no different from people who have to commute to the office. Those who commute actually have an advantage because they have coworkers to persuade them to go out for lunch and get a real break. I work alone all day (and love it), but that also means it’s harder for me to drag myself away from my desk. And then the notion of cooking? Yeah that can be tough too.
So, I wanted to share this super quick BBQ wrap recipe that may not be breaking any Top Chef super-standards, but damn it is tasty.
- 1/3 lb of chicken breast
- Your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Tortillas or other wrap
- Green bell peppers
- Lettuce or collard greens
Makes 2 hearty wraps.
What to do:
- Prep vegetables. Mince garlic, slice bell pepper into slivers, and wash greens of your choice.(3 minutes)
- Prep chicken. Cut the chicken into longer tender slices or chunks.(2 minutes)
- On high heat, add oil and garlic and stir for about a minute. Be sure to even out the oil on the bottom of the pan.
- Right when the oil is sizzling, throw in chicken pieces and sautee (still on high heat) for about 5 minutes. Then reduce to medium high heat and cook for another 5 minutes. The idea is to keep the chicken firm without losing any water. (10 minutes)
- Add in as much BBQ sauce as you need to cover the chicken. Continue cooking until chicken is cooked thoroughly (1-3 minutes).
- Warm up wraps or tortillas as the chicken simmers. (1 minute)
- Add greens to the wrap, then place chicken in the center.(1 minute)