I really believe that if you have good fresh fruits and vegetables in your kitchen, you’re bound to make something good – even if you don’t think you can cook.
After working on my couch-2-5k, I recently found myself craving something tangy and fresh and light.
I looked in my fridge and found limes, avocados, greens, and mango and came up with the following:
Combine these ingredients:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice squeezed from 1 lime
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp of salt
- dash of pepper
Makes about 1-2 servings, but if you like lots of dressing be sure to double the amounts. You can also do just lemon juice, or both!
- Fresh dark greens of any kind e.g. spring mix, spinach, or rainbow swiss chard (daily magnesium + calcium!)
- 1 fresh mango, sliced or cut into chunks (pure tastiness!)
- 1/2-1 avocado, sliced (essential fat!)
- Bell pepper of any color
- Flax seed oil (more essential fat!)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds ( protein!)
- Sesame seeds (flavorful goodness!)
Total prep time: 10 minutes, if you’re moving very, very slowly.
Combine all your salad ingredients, drizzle some of the homemade dressing, and feast away.